Thursday, August 23, 2012

Lemon Blueberry Sandwiches - 5 Ingredients

My sister recently reminded me of the joys of cookies made from a cake mix. My, my - what a pleasant reminder. Cake box cookies require virtually no work and yield chewy yummy goodness. I revisited them this summer with a little addition of my own to make a sugary sandwich where nothing is wrong, everything is right.



Here are your five ingredients:


Lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Vanilla frosting
Blueberries (You could easily substitute any berry; everything goes with lemon)

Mix together cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil to form dough. Drop onto cookie sheet in spoonfuls and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.

Puree about 1 cup berries in blender. Fold puree into frosting. Spread onto cookies to make a little summer sandwich. 

Voila. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs